desperately desperate

and they said despair was just an imaginary enemy in the depths of our minds,
a foul energy so deep in the human nature that we were obliged to ignore it and toss it aside,
but they were wrong.

i am the despair and the despair is me,
i can't live without this constant obstacle that resides in my body and soul,
that feeds off of hope and consumes all that it has achieved.

today i saw despair. it said hello to me.
i, like always, got scared and shouted as the people in the streets stared at me like i was some kind of maniac.
you might be asking yourself why i even scream being that i know that it resides inside of me and that it is me and i am it.
i guess one is never prepared for what one truly is.

tomorrow i might see despair again. maybe i won't. who knows?
what i do know is that i'll live with the constant fear that it may appear at anytime, in anyplace.
i will live knowing that this is an inevitable truth and still i'll never be ready for the minute it decides to torment my life once again.

maybe the ones that told me despair was just fiction didn't know what they were talking about.
maybe they were despair itself telling me not to worry about it just so it could sneak up on me.
maybe they were an illusion and i never really saw them.
maybe i just imagined it because i desperately wanted it to be true.
maybe i wanted it so desperately that despair eventually came through

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the birth of death

a inutilidade do útil

celebração necrófaga